Surgery that reduces the size and weight of large, heavy breasts, helping to create a more aesthetically pleasing breast contour that is better proportioned to a patient’s body. By removing excess breast tissue, fat, and sagging, stretched skin, a cosmetic surgeon can not only make the breasts smaller, lighter, and firmer, but also improve breast symmetry and eliminate sagging.
We get many patients in Mumbai for breast reduction; patients who choose reduction mammoplasty to alleviate physical symptoms such as back, neck or shoulder pain, shoulder grooves, or discomfort while exercising.
Cosmetic benefits of breast reduction include:
- More youthful and perky breasts
- Bras will fit more comfortably and attractively
- Overall silhouette will be more balanced and attractive
- Stretched areolas and/or large nipples can be reduced during the same procedure
- Swimsuits, sports bras, and form-fitting clothes will look and feel better, helping boost your confidence during activity
Various options for breast reduction are as follows:
- Liposuction: It is done when there is excess of fatty tissue and slight to moderate reduction in size is required. However, this can be done in only certain optimal cases where there is not a lot of breast tissue or excess skin.
- Various surgical techniques: The specific technique used to reduce the size of your breasts may vary. Generally, the surgeon makes an incision around the areola and down the breast. Excess breast tissue, fat and skin are then removed to reduce the size of each breast. The scars resulting from breast reduction typically fade considerably over the first year or so after surgery and are easily concealed by clothing, even a bikini top.
Breast Reduction for Women
After spending a brief time in day care recovery, you will be able to go home that same day. Your chest will be bandaged, and you may be sent home in a surgical bra. You can expect to feel considerable soreness the first couple of days after your procedure, and pain medication are prescribed to help keep you comfortable during this initial period.
The amount of time you need to recover from breast reduction will depend on your natural healing rate as well as the extent of surgery performed. You will be able to get up and walk around the same day of surgery, although you should have a trusted adult with you during the first 24 hours. While you may be permitted to shower a few days after surgery, you will probably need help getting dressed, as you will not have full range of motion in your chest and shoulders at first. Most patients feel ready to drive and return to a desk job within 1 week, after they are no longer taking prescription pain medication. Pia Aesthetics (Mumbai) suggests that you wait a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks before resuming exercise other than walking; this helps to ensure your incisions heal properly.
You can expect to enjoy smaller, lighter breasts for a lifetime, as long as you maintain a stable weight and do not have any more children.